Join Our Team
We are always looking for self-motivated individuals to join our team. Lucas Oil Speedway is an equal opportunity employer.
Seasonal / Part Time
As part of the Security crew you will be responsible for helping Protect the company’s tangible and intangible assets. Access control is the highest responsibility. To accomplish this a variety of shifts assignments, extended hours weekends and holidays will need to be worked. Performing patrol rounds, and or fixed post.
- Work a variety of shifts assignments, Overnight watch, extended hours, weekends and holidays to meet the need of the business.
- Patrols and responds on foot; or via ATV/UTV when assigned and trained. May be assigned to a fixed post.
- Patrols and secures the entire facility including all property, buildings, track, guest areas, parking areas, pit and campground.
- Maintains all gates into and exiting the facility, ensuring proper ticketing and banding on all persons entering or re-entering specific areas.
- Enforces general Speedway rules, such as alcohol possession and consumption, pit area access and speed limits, proper tagging on all ATV/UTV’s and vehicles entering the facility, etc…
- Maintains control of customers through visual and personal contact, paying special attention to those who may be impaired by alcohol or other substances; to those who may be agitated or otherwise a threat or annoyance to others; and to the general mood and demeanor of specific persons or groups of persons.
- Maintains a calm and friendly demeanor at all times; while simultaneously reassuring customers, through a “no nonsense” persona, that they are in a safe, secure, family-friendly facility.
- Calms potentially disruptive or combative persons, or ejects them when necessary; in order to preserve the “family event” atmosphere at the Speedway.
- Performs other tasks at the direction of the Public Security Director.
- Sets good example for the staff with regard to punctuality, attendance, attitude and hygiene.
- Good people interaction with diverse groups of people; maintain confidentiality at all times; sound judgment in emergency situations; on time and dependable; interpret and apply security and emergency procedures without close supervision.
- Physical conditioning necessary to protect self and others, Teamwork, Customer Service, Self-Motivated, High Energy Level, Multi-tasking, Resolving Conflict, Verbal Communication.
About Lucas Oil Speedway
The Lucas Oil Speedway is considered by Industry Insiders to be one of the top five Race Tracks in the Nation. Located in Wheatland Missouri, about an hour north of Springfield and only about an hour and a half from Kansas City. Referred to by many as "The Diamond of Race Tracks" and it certainly lives up to that title. Twenty one luxury VIP suites, a giant HD Jumbo Tron Screen, Musco Sports lighting, a Bose Stadium sound system, Go Kart Track for all ages, The Diamond Bar, the best track food in the country, and the nicest pits in dirt track racing are just a few of the amenities that set us apart. In 2011 the Inaugural Diamond Drag Boat Nationals made a splash at the Brand New Liquid Quarter Mile, Lake Lucas. Known as the only purpose-built drag boat racing lake in the world, more than 140 drag boats competed in the first ever event.
We host some of the largest dirt track events in the Midwest featuring some of the biggest names in racing including: The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, POWRi Midget National Series, The Lucas Oil Pro-Pulling League, Casey's General Stores USMTS Modifieds, ASCS Sprint Cars, and The Lucas Oil MLRA.
The Lucas Oil Speedway 2020 season begins April 4 with the Big Adventure RV Weekly Racing Series opener. An open test and tune is scheduled for March 28.
For ticket information, including season passes for all events, contact Admissions Director Nichole McMillan at (417) 282-5984.
Lucas Oil Speedway is located at Highways 83 and 54 in Wheatland, Missouri. A campground with shower and bathroom facilities is also available. With its entrance located just outside the pit gate this sprawling scenic camping facility will continue to enhance the racing experience at the Diamond of Dirt Tracks.
Click LucasOilSpeedway.com for more information and detailed directions to the speedway or call the Track Hotline at (417) 282-5984.